Sunday, June 19, 2011

When in Dallas...keep calm & sew on

From the green hills of Vermont to the hot, hot, hot streets of Dallas...
I'm fortunate enough to travel with my job (sometimes unfortunate if you've killed as many hours as I have stuck in airports), and days are pretty full, but once in a while I get a chance to search out the LQS.  Such was the case this past week when I realized I was only a 10 minute drive away from CityCraft (citycraftonline.com) a vibrant store carrying a bunch of lovely fabric.  No stereotypical "Texas" fabric here - just a huge array of bright, bold, yet mostly feminine fabrics for quilts & clothing.  Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett, FreeSpirit and some unique fabrics from Japan. My thanks to Jennifer who was helpful without hovering.  I only wish I could have stayed for the skirt class that evening.

One look at this display and I knew I was in the right spot


Words to live by!

My happy haul - I love finding fabrics I haven't seen before, and most of these were new & delightfully unique in my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment